A picture paints a thousand words, so how many words does a video paint? Video marketing is not a new concept. Since the introduction of the television into society, forward thinking companies have used the power of video marketing to convey a message, to promote, and to market a product or service.
How Video Marketing Works
Video marketing in theory is quite simple. A brand creates videos that, in some way or another promote their company, increase sales and raise brand awareness.
However in practice, video marketing is more complicated. Like various other digital marketing activities, video marketing is driven by data. Various metrics are important to consider when creating video content for your business.
Before creating a video marketing campaign, you need to consider the following:
- Resources – Creating a video to represent your company is a great idea. But it’s important you portray a good image. Bad quality videos associated with your business name is a no-go. If you don’t have the skills or equipment to create professional videos, then you should consider hiring a professional videography company.
Learn more about Professional Videography at VIMAR.
- Storytelling – Your business has a story, and stories sell. You should start thinking of stories your business can tell. How do you plan to tell them? Be creative!
- Engagement – It’s not enough to just tell your story. It’s important to generate engagement between your video campaign and your target audience. How do you plan to make your video interesting?
- KISS (Keep, It, Simple, Silly) – Although there is no ‘correct’ video length, a typical marketing video is usually short. Of course, this depends on multiple different factors such as the purpose of the video, and the medium the video is broadcasted to. Attention spans are short, cut scenes and sections you do not need.
- Publish – Don’t be afraid to tell your story. Publish your video to as many sites as possible. The more ways the public can view your video, the better. Your website and social media accounts should all have your marketing videos.
- Analyse – Video marketing is data driven. Remember, in order to optimise your future marketing videos, you need to analyse the data. Data and metrics will allow you to see what videos are doing well, and what videos are not doing so well.
Examples of Video Marketing
More so than ever, video marketing is everywhere. Social Media and YouTube have significantly lowered the barrier to enter video marketing. Video marketing is all over the internet. Whether you’re aware of it or not, everytime you look at social media, you’re viewing marketing content.
Want to see the best video marketing campaigns from around the world? Check out 17 Video Marketing & Advertising Campaigns You’ll Actually Enjoy Watching
We at VIMAR Digital Marketing have created multiple video marketing campaigns for our clients. If you would like to view our work, visit our video production page here.
Benefits of Video Marketing
Video marketing has many benefits. Let’s start with the easily quantifiable. Data, number and statistics.
- Grow Your Audience – Today, the majority of a company’s marketing efforts are an attempt to build trust. Video is a bridge that connects your business with your target audience. By showcasing your authentic self and telling your story, video allows your customers to connect with you more easily.
- Video SEO – By uploading your videos to YouTube, you can help build backlinks to your website. Remember, YouTube is owned by Google, so utilising the platform for your video marketing and using appropriate tags will help your overall SEO.
- Boost Information Retention – If your customers read something, or hear something, they might remember it. In fact, they will probably only remember 10% of it three days later. However this percentage rises to 65% when audio is accompanied by relevant imagery.
- Influence Buying Decisions – A whopping 90% of customers say that product video helps them make buying decisions, says Forbes, and 64% say that watching a video makes them more likely to buy, according to Animoto. Plus, 97% of marketers say that video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service, according to HubSpot.
The Future of Video Marketing
Investing in video marketing is possibly one of the greatest investments your business could make today. Video remains a key priority for marketers with usage and spend both, overall, increasing in 2021, and plans to increase again in the next 12 months.
People are watching more video online than ever before – in fact the amount of online video they watch has almost doubled since 2018.
Marketers feel more positive about the return on investment offered by video than ever before. Video continues to strongly influence traffic, leads, sales, and audience understanding.
The rise of video marketing should have been a no brainer. Television advertisements worked wonders for businesses both big and small throughout the late 20th century. The internet has made it to where messages and stories can go viral. Genius video marketing plans can grab the attention of whole countries, and even the world.
It’s no surprise that nearly nine out of ten people report wanting to see more videos from brands in 2021, making video an excellent tool for lead generation and brand awareness. If you would like to learn more about the future of video marketing, check out Wyzowl’s State of Video Marketing 2022.
VIMAR Digital Marketing Video Marketing
Like many businesses across Ireland, creating videos for their business is a challenge. Most forward thinking businesses are aware that they need to incorporate video into their marketing plans someway or another, but they’re unsure how to begin.
At VIMAR, we have a professional marketing team with specialised videographers with relevant industry experience. Our previous video projects have significantly impacted businesses throughout Ireland, leading to increased brand awareness for their company.
If you would like to learn more about video marketing, and what it can do for your business, we’re more than happy to discuss your options. Book a free consultation call with us today.
Keep In Touch