Does my business website still need an SEO service or should I just focus on paid advertising?
Although many businesses are turning to online paid search advertising for instant results, a long term approach to building your online traffic is crucial. If your business wants to have a long term presence online, talk to an SEO strategist today. Traditional SEO practices are regularly questioned by digital marketing professionals. As a result, SEO has become a rapidly changing industry. Professionals need to keep up to date with emerging trends and industry updates. SEO is still as relevant as ever, but embracing changing factors is so necessary. Search engines continue to reward high-quality websites that contain relevant information to solve a user’s search query. Your business needs a dedicated SEO service to ensure that your content is shown to the most relevant traffic.
Ranking factors are changing with every Google algorithm update. At VIMAR, we are passionate about the need for an on-going Search Engine Optimisation strategy. Although there are many tasks you can complete without much training, your website ranking is influenced by a significant number of factors that require professional adjustment and monitoring. Research shows that customers using search engines rarely go beyond first page results when looking for products, information or services. Your business needs to roll out a dedicated SEO strategy if you want to beat your competition to the best search result listings.
What should I know about SEO?
Search Engine Optimisation aims to use techniques and strategies to increase and maintain your listing result on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). A professional SEO service should be the foundation of every digital marketing strategy, as it promotes a highly optimised online presence for your business. Our team ensures your website is optimised using professional guidelines and industry best practices. A holistic approach using several combined services will ensure better marketing coverage.
How does SEO actually work?
It’s vital that you have a good understanding of what’s involved in an SEO service. This knowledge will help you significantly when dealing with your professional SEO consultant. Search engines such as Google or Bing use complex algorithms to scan the layout and content on your site and other sites that link to your site. These website evaluations are performed to ensure that Search Engines give every user the most relevant results to their search query. Search Engine’s use software called bots to frequently scan content on websites, which then index the results.
When an individual then makes a query, keywords connected with that query are retrieved from the indexed results and sorted in to results in rankings. Your website needs to be optimised to ensure that your content gets indexed by search engines, while including a high number of relevant keywords. Your marketing content needs to be optimised to ensure you are ranking well for all your potential customer’s search terms.
Although there are hundreds of ranking factors to consider; We’ve highlighted some of the following factors that are hugely important for 2019.
- Domain Authority – calculated by evaluating multiple factors, including linking root domainsand number of total links, into a single Domain Authority score.
- Dwell Time – the amount of timethat passes between the moment a user clicks a search result and subsequently returns to the SERPs. Bounce rates will affect the relevance of your content to the search term.
- Meta Tags – snippets of text that label a page’s content; the meta tagsdon’t appear on the page itself, but only in the page’s code.
- OFF Site SEO Signals – refers to actions taken outside of your own website to impact your rankings within search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Page Content Quality and Length – both the content quality and length of website pages needs to be optimised.
- Page URL & Heading Tags – The URL, (Uniform Resource Locator), is the page’s link, and the URL is one of the opportunities you have (in addition to the title tag and H1 tags) to let Google know what topic the webpage is regarding.
- Page URL & Heading Tags – The URL, (Uniform Resource Locator), is the page’s link, and the URL is one of the opportunities you have (in addition to the
- Quality Backlinks – Backlink is a link that one website gets from another website. Backlinks have a crucial impact on a website’s prominence in search engine results, often considered the most useful factor for improving a website’s SEO ranking.
- Responsiveness – the web design and development should respond to the user’s behaviour and environment based on their device screen size, platform and orientation.
- Security of the Site (HTTPS) – webpages using HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure) as a secure version of HTTP that used to protect data sent between your browser and the website.
- Site HTML Structure – A website’s structurerefers to how the website is developed and set up, i.e. how the individual subpages are linked to one another. It is particularly important that search engine resources such as crawlers can find all subpages quickly and easily.
Talk to a professional SEO expert
It’s crucial that you get expert advice before investing in an SEO service. Building a longterm partnership with a dedicated SEO provider will ensure that you get measurable results over an extended period of time. At VIMAR Digital Marketing, we are experienced SEO professionals, and we apply industry best practice techniques to your digital marketing project. Your SEO consultant will work to achieve goals determined within your digital marketing plan.
Contact our team to arrange a consultation to review your SEO strategy.