In 2023, Digital Marketing will be even more important than ever before. Businesses rely on digital exposure to generate interest in their brands and generate revenue in an increasingly difficult economic climate.
- Personalised Marketing
- Increased Use of AI and Machine Learning
- Greater Focus on Customer Experience (Ux Design)
- Video Marketing
- Audio Search (Alexa + Siri)
- Influencer Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Optimisation
- Outsourcing To Digital Marketing Agencies
- Emphasis On Social Responsibility & Sustainable Practices
- Content Marketing
- Data Driven Predictive Marketing
Personalised marketing is a strategy that uses data to connect with target audiences and existing customers to offer an optimised marketing experience. By collecting and using data, businesses can identify patterns to more effectively target potential customers.
Personalised marketing strategies allow businesses to reach more people without spending money on marketing methods that are ineffective or target the wrong audience. Personalised marketing is much more than just inserting the customer name into the same marketing email that goes to all of your customers. It’s about reaching the right person with the right message at the right moment with the right suggestions.
When you personalise your marketing, you send the right message to the right people at the right time. Not only does it give your content a touch of humanity, it can drive revenue, too. Here’s why you should make your marketing unique to every customer.
Personalised Marketing Statistics
80% of consumers are more likely to buy from a company that provides a tailored experience. – Slideshare
66% of consumers expect brands to understand their individual needs. – Salesforce
70% of consumers say that how well a company understands their individual needs impacts their loyalty. – Salesforce
88% of marketers say their biggest goal with personalisation is to improve the customer experience. – Evergage
Benefits of Personalised Marketing
A more satisfying customer experience. The more we feel that someone understands our needs, the more inclined we are to trust them with our problems.
When you deliver a personalised experience to a customer, it tells them that you understand their pain points. It makes their whole customer journey easier, and it transforms the buying process from a transaction into a relationship.
As you build that relationship, the customer learns to trust your recommendations and will be more likely to go to you when they have a need you can meet. A more satisfying customer experience will increase customer loyalty to your brand.
The Challenge of Personalised Marketing
While some consumers like when brands speak to their interests, they dislike when those brands come on too strong. Only 6% of consumers in a 2017 survey expressed appreciation for retargeted ads.
It’s all about balance. You need to clearly show the value you’re providing with personalised content and avoid aggressive targeted ads. At the same time, you need to emphasise their respect for privacy without focusing on it so much that your audience starts to wonder if they should be worried.
To develop an effective personalised marketing strategy, companies need to have the staff, funds, and time to do it.
Increased Use of AI and Machine Learning
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) are increasingly being used in marketing to analyse customer data and behaviours, personalise customer experiences, and optimise advertising campaigns.
For example, AI can be used to analyse customer data and identify patterns and trends, which can help companies better understand their customers and target their marketing efforts more effectively. AI can also be used to personalise marketing messages and offers based on a customer’s past interactions and behaviours.
In addition, AI and ML can be used to optimise advertising campaigns by predicting which ads are most likely to be effective and targeting them to the right audience. This can help companies get better results from their marketing efforts and increase ROI.
Overall, the use of AI and ML in marketing is helping companies to better understand and engage with their customers, and to more effectively target their marketing efforts.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Marketing Statistics
According to this Spiceworks’ 2022 article, 82% of Marketers Say AI-Generated Content Is as Good as Human-Generated One.
A survey conducted by McKinsey in 2020 found that 50% of respondents report that their companies have adopted AI in at least one business function.
According to a survey conducted by Epsilon in 2018, 77% of marketers said that AI has the potential to revolutionise the marketing industry.
Benefits of using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Marketing
There are several benefits of using artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) in marketing:
- Improved customer understanding: AI and ML can analyse large amounts of customer data and identify patterns and trends, which can help companies better understand their customers’ needs, preferences, and behaviours.
- Enhanced personalisation: AI and ML can be used to personalise marketing messages and offers based on a customer’s past interactions and behaviours, which can increase the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and improve customer engagement.
- Increased efficiency: AI and ML can automate certain tasks, such as data analysis and ad targeting, which can help companies save time and resources.
- Optimised advertising: AI and ML can be used to optimise advertising campaigns by predicting which ads are most likely to be effective and targeting them to the right audience, which can increase the ROI of marketing efforts.
- Real-time decision making: AI and ML can analyse data in real-time and provide insights that can help companies make more informed and timely decisions about their marketing strategies.
Overall, the use of AI and ML in marketing can help companies to better understand and engage with their customers, and to more effectively target their marketing efforts.
Greater Focus on Customer Experience (Ux Design)
Customer experience is important in marketing because it can have a significant impact on a company’s success. A positive customer experience can lead to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty, which can result in repeat business and positive word-of-mouth marketing. On the other hand, a negative customer experience can lead to customer dissatisfaction and churn, and can damage a company’s reputation.
Improving customer experience is also important because customers have more choices and options than ever before, and they are more likely to switch to a competitor if they are not satisfied with their experience. Therefore, companies need to focus on providing a seamless and personalised customer experience in order to stand out in a crowded market and retain their customers.
Overall, customer experience is an essential part of marketing because it plays a key role in driving customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention, which can ultimately contribute to a company’s bottom line.
Why Ux Design is Important in Digital Marketing
User Experience (UX) design is important in digital marketing because it plays a crucial role in the success of a website or digital product. A well-designed UX can help to improve the user’s overall experience of a website or product, which can lead to increased customer satisfaction and loyalty.
In the context of digital marketing, a good UX can help to:
- Increase the likelihood that a user will take a desired action, such as making a purchase or filling out a form
- Reduce the user’s frustration and improve their overall perception of the company
- Improve the user’s ability to find what they are looking for, which can increase the amount of time they spend on the website or product
Overall, a good UX is important in digital marketing because it can help to improve the effectiveness of a website or product, and can contribute to the success of a company’s digital marketing efforts.
Customer Experience Marketing Statistics
According to BrightLocal’s Local Consumer Review Survey 2021, 84% of customers say they trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
A survey conducted by Acquia in 2021 found that 41% of marketers said that the ability of gathering enough data about consumer preferences to create compelling digital experiences had been very important.
According to Zendesk Customer Experience Report 2022, 63% of CX managers say their company prioritises CX more than a year ago. Also, 50% of customers say that CX is more important to them than a year ago.
These statistics show that improving customer services to deliver the best customer experience is important as it can determine the relationship a consumer could have with a company.
Video marketing is a form of marketing that involves creating and distributing video content with the goal of promoting a product or service, increasing brand awareness, or driving customer engagement. Video marketing can be used in a variety of ways, such as:
- Creating promotional videos that showcase a product or service
- Creating educational or tutorial videos that provide information about a product or service
- Creating vlogs or other types of video content that engage with viewers and build a relationship with them
- Using video ads to reach potential customers through platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram
Video marketing can be an effective way to engage with customers and drive sales, as it allows companies to showcase their products or services in a visual and interactive way. Video content is also more likely to be shared on social media and other online platforms, which can help to increase brand awareness and reach a wider audience.
Why Video is Important for Digital Marketing
Video is important for digital marketing because it can be a highly effective way to engage with and persuade potential customers. Here are a few reasons why video is important for digital marketing:
- Video is more engaging than other forms of content: Video is a visually and emotionally engaging medium that can capture the attention of viewers and hold their interest. This can be especially important in the digital age, where consumers are bombarded with an endless stream of content and are often less likely to read long-form text.
- Video is more shareable: Video content is more likely to be shared on social media and other online platforms, which can help to increase brand awareness and reach a wider audience.
- Video is more effective at converting leads: Studies have shown that video is more effective at converting leads into customers than other forms of content. For example, a study by Wyzowl found that 74% of users who watched an explainer video about a product subsequently bought it.
- Video is mobile-friendly: More and more people are accessing the internet from their smartphones, and video is well-suited to this type of device because it is easy to consume on the go.
Overall, video is an important tool for digital marketing because it is highly engaging, shareable, effective at converting leads, and mobile-friendly.
Video Marketing Statistics
According to a survey conducted by Wyzowl in 2020, 87% of businesses use video as a marketing tool, and 95% of those who use video believe it is an effective marketing strategy.
A survey conducted by HubSpot in 2020 states that 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support.
According to a study by Cisco, video traffic is expected to make up 82% of all internet traffic by 2022.
A survey conducted by Wyzowl in 2021 found that 92% of marketers who use video say that it’s an important part of their strategy.
Overall, these statistics demonstrate the increasing importance of video in marketing, and show that video is an effective way to engage with and persuade customers.
VIMAR Digital Marketing Video Production
VIMAR provides a full circle digital marketing package and can meet all your Content Production needs.
Commercial Video Production is becoming increasingly popular for businesses when communicating its brand to the public and customers. High-quality video production allows a business to engage with customers while building brand recognition.
Whether you’re looking for a commercial, promotional video, event video coverage or social media video content, our VIMAR production team can provide customised video solutions that will help accelerate your brands growth.
Contract VIMAR for a Free Consultation. Let’s use the power of video marketing to transform your business and increase your brand’s awareness today!
Audio search is a type of search technology that allows users to search for audio content, such as music, podcasts, and spoken word recordings, using keywords or phrases. Audio search can be used to find specific audio content, or to discover new audio content related to a particular topic or genre.
Audio search technology uses natural language processing and other techniques to analyse and understand the audio content, and to match it to user search queries. Some audio search tools also allow users to search for audio content using voice commands, rather than typing keywords.
Audio search is becoming increasingly important as the amount of audio content available online continues to grow. It is particularly useful for finding specific audio content, such as songs or podcasts, and for discovering new audio content related to a particular topic or genre.
Why Audio Search Is Important for Digital Marketing
Audio search is important for digital marketing because it allows companies to reach potential customers who are searching for audio content related to their products or services. This can be especially useful for companies that offer products or services related to music, podcasts, or other forms of audio entertainment.
Here are a few reasons why audio search is important for digital marketing:
- Audio search is becoming more popular: As the amount of audio content available online continues to grow, more and more people are using audio search to find specific audio content or discover new audio content related to a particular topic or genre. This creates an opportunity for companies to reach potential customers through audio search.
- Audio search can drive traffic to a website: When a user searches for audio content related to a company’s products or services, the search results may include a link to the company’s website. This can drive traffic to the website and potentially lead to increased sales or conversions.
- Audio search can increase brand awareness: When a company’s audio content appears in audio search results, it can increase the company’s visibility and help to build brand awareness.
Overall, audio search is an important tool for digital marketing because it allows companies to reach potential customers who are searching for audio content related to their products or services, and can help to drive traffic to a website and increase brand awareness.
Audio Search Marketing Statistics
Google’s Voice Search Statistics says that 20% of searches in the Google App are now done by voice.
According to Microsoft Voice Report 2019, Over half of consumers expect their digital assistants to help make retail purchases within the next 5 years.
Overall, these statistics demonstrate the increasing popularity of audio content, particularly podcasts, and the role that audio search plays in helping users. This would be very effective for businesses to make use of as it is becoming popular and some users utilise this feature.
How A Business Can Use Audio Search To Improve Its Marketing
Here are a few ways that a business can use audio search for marketing:
- Create audio content: A business can create audio content, such as music, podcasts, or spoken word recordings, and optimise it for audio search. This can help to increase the visibility of the business’s audio content in audio search results and attract potential customers.
- Optimise website content for audio search: A business can optimise the content on its website for audio search by including keywords and phrases related to its products or services in the website’s meta data and content. This can help to increase the likelihood that the website will appear in audio search results.
- Use voice search optimisation techniques: A business can use voice search optimisation techniques, such as including long-tail keywords and creating content that is easy for voice assistants to read, to increase the chances that its content will appear in voice search results.
- Advertise through audio search platforms: A business can advertise through audio search platforms, such as Spotify or Google, to reach potential customers who are searching for audio content related to its products or services.
Overall, audio search can be an effective tool for marketing if a business is able to create and optimise audio content, optimise its website for audio search, use voice search optimisation techniques, and advertise through audio search platforms.
Influencer marketing is a type of marketing that involves partnering with individuals who have a strong online presence and influence over a specific target audience. These individuals, known as influencers, typically have a large following on social media or other online platforms, and they use their platform to promote products or services to their followers.
Influencer marketing can be an effective way for companies to reach a specific target audience, as influencers often have a strong relationship with their followers and can influence their purchasing decisions. Companies typically pay influencers to promote their products or services, and the influencer may receive a fee, a commission, or free products in exchange for their promotion.
Influencer marketing has become increasingly popular in recent years, as social media and other online platforms have made it easier for companies to connect with influencers and reach a large audience. However, it is important for companies to be selective in their choice of influencers, as working with the wrong influencer can damage a company’s reputation.
What Are The Benefits Of Influencer Marketing
There are several benefits to using influencer marketing as part of a company’s marketing strategy:
- Reach a specific target audience: Influencer marketing allows companies to reach a specific target audience through the influencer’s followers. This can be especially effective if the influencer has a strong relationship with their followers and can influence their purchasing decisions.
- Increase brand awareness: Working with influencers can help to increase a company’s brand awareness, as the influencer’s followers will be exposed to the company’s products or services.
- Improve credibility: Influencers are often seen as trusted sources of information and recommendations, and their endorsement of a company’s products or services can improve the company’s credibility in the eyes of their followers.
- Generate leads and sales: Influencer marketing can be an effective way to generate leads and sales, as the influencer’s endorsement can influence the purchasing decisions of their followers.
- Cost-effective: Influencer marketing can be a cost-effective way for companies to reach a large audience, as it can be more affordable than other forms of advertising.
Overall, influencer marketing can be an effective way for companies to reach a specific target audience, increase brand awareness, improve credibility, generate leads and sales, and do so cost-effectively.
Influencer Marketing Statistics
According to Influencers Marketing Hub 2023 Key Statistics, 26% of marketing leaders are focused on livestreaming retail as a priority, and it’s expected to double this year.
According to the Digital Marketing Institute 70% of Teens Trust Influencers More than Traditional Celebrities.
According to a study by Tomoson in 2019, influencer marketing generates an average ROI of $6.50 for every $1 spent.
Overall, these statistics demonstrate the effectiveness of influencer marketing to drive traffic to a company as there is a level of trust that the influencer has towards their audiences.
Email marketing is a form of digital marketing that involves sending marketing messages or advertisements to a group of people via email. Email marketing can be used to promote a wide range of products or services, and it is an effective way to reach and engage with potential customers.
To engage in email marketing, a business will typically create an email list of potential or current customers, and then send marketing messages or advertisements to this list. These emails may include promotional offers, discounts, or other types of incentives to encourage the recipient to make a purchase or take some other desired action.
Email marketing can be an effective way to reach and engage with potential customers because it allows businesses to target specific groups of people and personalise their marketing messages. It is also a cost-effective way to reach a large audience, as businesses can send emails to a large number of people at a relatively low cost.
What Are The Benefits Of Email Marketing
Email marketing is still an essential marketing trend as it is still widely used by many businesses for different marketing strategies. There are several benefits to using email marketing as part of a company’s marketing strategy:
- Targeted and personalised marketing: Email marketing allows companies to target specific groups of people and personalise their marketing messages based on the recipient’s interests or purchase history. This can make the marketing messages more relevant and effective.
- Cost-effective: Email marketing is a cost-effective way to reach a large audience, as businesses can send emails to a large number of people at a relatively low cost.
- Measurable results: Email marketing allows companies to track the results of their campaigns, including the number of emails opened, clicks, and conversions. This can help companies to measure the effectiveness of their campaigns and make data-driven decisions.
- Easy to automate: Email marketing campaigns can be automated, which can save time and resources for the business.
- Increases brand awareness: Email marketing can help to increase a company’s brand awareness, as the marketing messages can be seen by a large number of people.
Overall, email marketing is an effective and cost-effective way for companies to reach and engage with potential customers, and it allows companies to track the results of their campaigns and make data-driven decisions. It is simple to use and can help companies reach a wide range of their consumers.
Email Marketing Statistics
According to the Litmus article, 37% of brands are increasing their email budget, and just 1.3% are making cuts.
81% of B2B marketers say their most used form of content marketing is email newsletters. (Content Marketing Institute, 2020)
59% of respondents say that marketing emails have influenced their purchases. (Salecycle, 2022)
Overall, these statistics highlight the importance of using email marketing as it is a tool to engage with existing customers and potential customers driving traffic towards the company.
Mobile optimisation is simply updating a website to deliver an ideal and engaging experience to users who are visiting the site from their mobile device. This is a strategic approach of optimising user experience through adjusting the website to allow mobile users to view, engage and even purchase from a company without having any unreasonable challenges when they use mobile phones. It can be done by changing the structure, content, and speed of the website to suit mobile devices. It helps to improve user engagement. Mobile optimisation also allows users to have access to information that normally is accessible through other digital devices like computers and tablets.
Ensuring that websites are tested to improve mobile usage is crucial as there is a significant rise in users accessing websites using mobiles. Mobile devices are an important part of the digital landscape and users utilise them to conduct research, interact with brands, and purchase products and services. Up to 52 % of website traffic is generated from mobile devices and the statistics keep rising. Ensuring that a company doesn’t miss the opportunity of not optimising their website is essential to avoid not accommodating a large audience of users.
Benefits of Mobile Optimisation
The main benefits include the convenience of using mobile devices as many people own phones.
- Increase brand’s presence as more people would conveniently check their phones so if engaging with the website, they can easily open and check their desired information.
- Faster conversions with marketing strategies like email marketing as people can quickly check for their email notifications on their mobile.
- High percentage of brand promoters. With mobile taking over in statistics high engagement is highly influenced by promoters or influencers. Users tend to look to brand promoters for experience and feedback on products or services and mainly using mobile as influencers will highlight their experiences as well.
- Reduces the need for App development. As most organisations have applications a company can be easily influenced to develop one but with mobile optimisation it may not be a necessity if the website is good enough for users.
Overally, the benefits of mobile optimisation is essential to customer user experience as they are mostly using mobile to access . In addition to making your website easier to use on a mobile device, an optimised website is also optimised for conversions.
Mobile Optimisation Statistics
According to Statista 2022, 52.2 percent of all website traffic is generated from mobile phones
Research from Web FX by Shirey (2021) states that, 61 percent of consumers say they are more likely to purchase from mobile-friendly sites
According to inbound marketing statistics from Storm (2022), When searching on mobile, 96 percent of people use Google
These statistics show that mobile optimisation should become a norm and all websites should optimise their content information to suit mobile users as most of their traffic is generated from them.
Outsourcing To Digital Marketing Agencies
Outsourcing to digital marketing is the use of a third party to create content or perform marketing services one’s company then uses to promote and grow their business. Outsourcing can be beneficial to both small and large businesses and utilising agencies will give the businesses different types of benefits.
Benefits of utilising a digital marketing agency include
- Marketing agencies have more experience with the evolving trends in the digital space. They keep their clients informed on the latest updates. This will allow them to maintain transparency with their clients.
- Using a marketing agency also allows a business to manage to focus on the more important things. Digital marketing requires a great deal of practice and agencies help businesses with the load like improving rankings, traffic and cost per click with an expert team.
- Digital marketing agencies have the ability to expand a company’s reach. With the Internet having a great digital market, agencies will know what touch points to meet making sure that companies fulfil any requirements hence expanding their reach by taking advantage of the many opportunities available.
These benefits show that outsourcing to digital marketing agencies can save a lot of work for a company and it will help drive a lot of traffic onto the website.
According to Marketing Tech by MacRae 2022 , 75% of marketing agencies are outsourcing additional help from freelancers or marketing agencies.
Research from Howarth 2022, IT services make up 72% of all global outsourcing contract values.
Research from Statista 2023, Written content makes up 81% of content creation services outsourced by marketing professionals worldwide in 2020.
This shows that not only are digital marketing agencies relied on or mainly used by multiple organisations but that they are useful as professionals are handling the company’s services as a third party. These statistics prove the value of professionals assisting companies with conversions and website traffic.
Content Marketing What Is It? And What Are Some Examples?
The core idea behind content marketing is to create and distribute valuable, timely, and consistent material in order to draw in and keep the attention of a target audience and, ultimately, to encourage profitable consumer action.
There are many ways of content marketing, too many to cover here. However, we do want to give you a more concrete idea of what content marketing is. For the purpose of this article 5 examples will be given.
- Infographics: These are typically lengthy, vertical drawings that show data in the form of graphs, charts, and statistics.
- Webpages: Webpages are one of the best ways for content marketing. You can upload content on the pages itself, but you can even add a simple blog section to your site. This allows you to produce and publish even more content.
- Podcasts: A podcast is an excellent way to release content into the world. When creating a podcast make sure that you cover topics in which you are knowledgeable. listeners will want to listen to you because of your experience and specific knowledge.
- Videos: People believe that videos and podcasts are expensive and difficult, so they are a mostly underutilised type of content marketing. But with professional grade equipment becoming more affordable, it is simpler than ever to produce high-quality video and audio content.
- Books: People frequently mistakenly believe that books are trying to sell themselves, much like movies do. However, astute marketers know that books can be used as marketing tools as well. Publish your own book, even if no one reads it, you can still promote it by introducing yourself as the “Author of…” and use the book as a form of content marketing.
Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainable Practices
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is about a company’s responsibility for society in the sense of sustainable business practices. There are 5 ways for CSR to promote a sustainable business.
- Building a Positive Reputation and Press: The potential of sustainable, ethical business to swiftly provide favourable press for a company is one of its most potent effects. Many significant business awards consider corporate citizenship when determining which firms to acknowledge in addition to press and social media publicity.
- Consumer Appeal: Customers are more eager to support companies that back causes they care about as corporate responsibility programs have grown more widespread. Partnerships between business executives and charities that are significant to their customers can be valuable. For instance, a retailer of outdoor sports and leisure that donates a portion of its profits to the protection of wildlife and forests is not only staying true to its brand but also contributing to the resolution of a major global problem that is probably important to its customer.
- Employee Retention and Talent Attraction: Customers aren’t the only ones attracted to a company’s dedication to making the world a better place. Talented individuals are increasingly asking themselves while applying for positions whether a company’s business strategy and core values align with their own. This is especially true for those seeking careers in business management.
- Greater Customer and Community Relations: In general, seeing one company engage in humanitarian endeavours might encourage other firms to do the same, both locally and globally. This offers clever enterprises the chance to collaborate with other businesses and build crucial ties while serving the larger good, including future clients or collaborators.
- Bottom Line: Sometimes a company’s corporate ethics and sustainability plan can guarantee its own long-term survival. For instance, businesses that depend on farming and fishing can switch to more sustainable methods that won’t ruin the environment or deplete marine life populations. This transformation is advantageous for the environment and a wise investment that lays the groundwork for a business to continue operating profitably for many years. In fact, businesses may prosper by doing good, particularly when they embrace a wider viewpoint that serves all stakeholders rather than just the shareholders.
Data Driven Predictive Marketing
In order to gain a deeper understanding of customers, businesses use data-driven marketing as a clever strategy to learn more about their behaviour, preferences and motivations looking into their data and interactions with the company. In 2023, marketers who generate personalised messages and experiences would bring the most value in terms of ROI.
Data Driven Predictive Marketing Statistics
According to the Investp report of 2021, 40% of brands plan to increase their data-driven marketing budgets.
Pecan Predictive Analytics In Marketing 2022 Report shows that 84% of marketing leaders use predictive analytics.
Overall, these reports demonstrate that companies had learnt that data driven predictive marketing brings better economic results, so they are increasing the budget on it.
Let us help you in 2023!
Digital Marketing tools and trends continue to develop with advancements in technology, with 2023 being no different. Companies will need to deliver the best services in 2023 using each of the marketing tools to keep up with future trends. With businesses relying on digital exposure to generate interest, a company needs to ensure that marketing is unique to every customer to deliver the best services and generate revenue despite the difficult economic climate. Let our team work with you to implement change.